The Dishing Duo is debriefing Dr. Karl Kapp's Managing Mulitmedia Projects class this semester on a full-scale Needs Analysis. In our experience, one may not always complete a formal Needs Analysis because of time constraints and cost, much like not having time to bake cookies from scratch for your child's holiday party at school. The Dishing Duo has come up with a great No Bake recipe to perform an initial project analysis. Instituting this best practice will give you a better edge to start your project.
No Bake Analysis
- Ask if the training needs:
- Repurposed or Converted
- Updated or Maintained
- Created from scratch (new: course, lesson, topic, curriculum, etc.)
- Who is your audience?
- Develop a content outline
- From your content outline you will derive your Gap Analysis. This is a non-formal approach. For example, in the content outline it could be a question in a comment box to a particular step.
- Who are my project contacts? (project team)
- Project Manager
- Are there any processes or procedures to follow?
- Guidelines (styles and standards)